This is the homepage for Shine’s charitable programs and campaigns. Check this page regularly for updates on what’s going on and how you can help. Contact us if you have any questions, or to donate or volunteer.
The Shine Community Music Program (SCMP)
- Since September 2013, Shine has proudly facilitated a Community Music Program in association with the Ottawa Boys and Girls Club.
- The program has received partial funding from the Ontario Trillium Foundation and the City of Ottawa, but needs additional funds to become sustainable.
- The SCMP is a 30-week social program that uses free music instruction to break the cycle of poverty for children who can’t afford regular music lessons.
- The classes are taught at three Boys and Girls Club locations and one community centre in Ottawa.
- The content of the classes is a direct reflection of the musical preferences and creativity of the young musicians .
- Volunteers will be trained each year to enable them to facilitate the program as educators on an ongoing basis after the term of this project is over.
- We are accepting donations via PayPal and in-kind donations of instruments and equipment.
- Volunteer opportunities may be available in support of this program.
- Contact us if you have any questions, or to donate or volunteer.
Shine collects Aeroplan points to produce fundraising events for charities across the country.
This past October, Shine collected enough Aeroplan points to fly three musicians to Regina for a Funk Cancer fundraiser that raised $20 000.
Click the button below to donate Aeroplan points to Shine.