Sessions run 30 weeks unless otherwise stated. Shine provides private lessons for a variety of instruments, styles, ages of student, and levels of experience.:
- Instruments taught include: Guitar (electric and acoustic), bass (electric and upright), drums, vocals, piano/keyboard, saxophone, trumpet, trombone, and violin. Other instruments may be available on request.
- Styles: Shine instructors are professional musicians with experience playing jazz, rock, classical, pop, blues, soul, funk, disco, reggae, klezmer, folk and more.
- Age: Shine welcomes students of all ages;
Shine also offers a production course. Students work with a professional engineer and learn how to record and mix live music. Topics covered include:
- Microphone placement
- Signal patching and preamp selection
- Use of a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) program such as Cubase
- Editing and mixing
- Use of outboard compressor and summing mixer
How do I sign up?
The Online Registration page allows the program director to find a time that is suitable to you;
- After filling out the online registration page you will be contacted by the program director to discuss lesson duration, and payment options;
- The program director will guide you toward an instructor best suited for the student;
- Studio and in-home lessons are available;
- Studio lessons are held at Shine Studios 119 Pamilla St.;
- In-home lessons are available in select areas throughout the National Capital Region;
- The program director can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 613-851-4682
- Private lessons are billed at $27.50/half hour, longer lessons are prorated according to duration;
- 45 minute and 1 hour lessons are also available;
- Registration is accepted at any time of the year;
- Payment can either be made online by PayPal or by cash/cheque.
Joining Our Team
If you have a degree in music education or are a seasoned professional with stage experience we’d like to meet you to discuss openings we have for teachers.